Friday, March 2, 2012

Flashback Fridays #1


Along with Chill Out Sundays, I'm bringing in another weekly theme - every Friday is Flashback Fridays! I'll basically be sharing some epic new remixes of old songs.

First up: An EP that was released back in December by two djs that you've probably never heard of - 3LAU and Acetronik. It's called Relics of a Dance Attic and has two original remixes and a mashup. Probably my favorite of the three is their remix of Incubus's Drive, which has an awesome "big house" vibe to it. I really like what they do with the vocals at the last drop as well. And then there's a remix of Chumbawamba's Tubthumping (although they incorrectly called it Knocked Down) which is just as fun to sing along to as it was back in my elementary school days... Finally, there's a mashup of Journey's Don't Stop Believing vs David Guetta & Usher's Without You. Nothing special about that one in my opinion.

You can preview the songs with the embedded soundcloud player, and download the EP below:

Download the EP here

No comments:

Post a Comment